Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jason Dusek <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/10 23:42:52 UTC

overriding the base sitemap

what is the 'right way' to override the base xslt and all the rest? i
take it that simply rewriting the sitemap is not quite correct, since
it gets overwritten on rebuild. where is the right place for user
overrides to go?
--
_jason

Re: overriding the base sitemap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@anyware-tech.com>.
* Upayavira:

> Jason Dusek wrote:
>
> >what is the  'right way' to override the base  xslt and all the
> >rest? i take it that simply  rewriting the sitemap is not quite
> >correct, since it gets overwritten on rebuild.
>
> Or,  if  you are  using  the  built  in  Jetty, you  can  easily
> use  the   mount  table   matcher  to  do   it  for   you,  just
> copy  mount-table.xml.sample  (or  whatever  it  is  called)  to
> mount-table.xml, and edit it as  per the line above. Then you'll
> be able to edit your own sitemap as you require.

When wishing to customize  existing component declarations without
having to repeat them in every sub-sitemap, one can use the xpatch
Ant task:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/XPatchTaskUsage

This will allow power-users to  update Cocoon without to merge all
changes by hand.  Just apply the xpatch...

Best regards,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
Systèmes d'Information

Re: overriding the base sitemap

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Jason Dusek wrote:
>>
>>> what is the 'right way' to override the base xslt and all the rest? i
>>> take it that simply rewriting the sitemap is not quite correct, since
>>> it gets overwritten on rebuild. where is the right place for user
>>> overrides to go?
>>

>> You want to "mount" a new sitemap within the existing one. You can
>> either add a mount entry:
>>
>> <map:match pattern="**">
>>   <map:mount src="/path/to/my/app/" uri-prefix=""/>
>> </map:match>
>

> Note that in the above you can even remove <map:match> as it matches
> everything ;-)

The irony there is that I was telling someone just that at the
GetTogether :-)

I guess old habits die hard :-)

Regards, Upayavira

Re: overriding the base sitemap

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Upayavira wrote:

> Jason Dusek wrote:
>
>> what is the 'right way' to override the base xslt and all the rest? i
>> take it that simply rewriting the sitemap is not quite correct, since
>> it gets overwritten on rebuild. where is the right place for user
>> overrides to go?
>

> You want to "mount" a new sitemap within the existing one. You can
> either add a mount entry:
>
> <map:match pattern="**">
>   <map:mount src="/path/to/my/app/" uri-prefix=""/>
> </map:match>

Note that in the above you can even remove <map:match> as it matches
everything ;-)

Sylvain

Re: overriding the base sitemap

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.