Posted to olio-user@incubator.apache.org by xa...@orange-ftgroup.com on 2010/06/07 11:37:49 UTC

A few problems with Olio 0.2

Hi,

I tried to deploy Olio 0.2 on a bunch of KVM hosts. I used this simple
deployment scheme:
- VM#1: Database Server (MySQL)
- VM#2 & 3: Apache Olio (run through the Ruby Thin server) + Geocoder
(run through Tomcat)
- VM#4: Load balancer (nginx)

At this point, everything seems to work well. I can sign up, create
events and even make friendships.
But I noticed a few bad things:
- The event page displays an ASF licence above the Yahoo! map (see
http://midgar.fr/issues/olio/pic1.png ). It seems that HTML comment tags
are missing: <!-- and -->
- When I post a comment to an event, it fails. After submitting the
form, on the next page, it says "Event does not exist." (see
http://midgar.fr/issues/olio/pic2.png ).

Are these two issues known problems? If so, does the current SVN trunk
version fix (at least) the second issue? Or should I start thinking
about an error in my Olio deployment?

Thanks for any input.

Best regards,

Xavier Dutreilh
FT/RD/RD/MAPS/MEP/LOV
Thésard
tél. 01 45 29 48 19
xavier.dutreilh@orange-ftgroup.com

Re: A few problems with Olio 0.2

Posted by Amanda Waite <am...@googlemail.com>.
Cheers

Amanda

Posted by xa...@orange-ftgroup.com.

Posted by Amanda Waite <am...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Amanda Waite <am...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Amanda Waite <am...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Xavier,

Posted by Amanda Waite <am...@googlemail.com>.
I've made the changes on my local workspace. There's a few more things that
I want to do before I integrate them but I'll forward the commit email to
the olio-dev alias when I do.

Thanks for your support of Olio.

Amanda

Posted by Shanti Subramanyam <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

Shanti

Posted by Xavier Dutreilh <xa...@midgar.fr>.
Shanti,

Posted by Shanti Subramanyam <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:37 AM, <xa...@orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I tried to deploy Olio 0.2 on a bunch of KVM hosts. I used this simple
> deployment scheme:
> - VM#1: Database Server (MySQL)
> - VM#2 & 3: Apache Olio (run through the Ruby Thin server) + Geocoder
> (run through Tomcat)
> - VM#4: Load balancer (nginx)
>
> At this point, everything seems to work well. I can sign up, create
> events and even make friendships.
> But I noticed a few bad things:
> - The event page displays an ASF licence above the Yahoo! map (see
> http://midgar.fr/issues/olio/pic1.png ). It seems that HTML comment tags
> are missing: <!-- and -->

Can you please file an issue on the above as well ?

Shanti