Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ma...@swisscom.com on 2003/07/01 14:55:52 UTC

LDAP Transformer

hello,
I have integrated ldap into my portal as identhification system.
My problem is that I have to put a filter to search all users from these
seven groups :
DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_00 to DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_06
I have to ways, the first would be to set into my filter a parameter in
the sitemap, like
<map:parameter name="filter" value="(cn={request-param:name})"/>
But it seems that the ldap transformer has a lot of bugs. The parameter
rootdn works, password works, but both filter and serverurl doesn't
work!!!

So the only way to filter it is to search by the attribute "memberOf" in
every user data. But this attribute is a DN (means not substring or
wildcards search). With a shareware I've found (LDAP Browser) I can
search all these data, but with the ldap transformer I get the error :
[LDAPTransformer] Error in LDAP-Query:
javax.naming.TimeLimitExceededException: [LDAP: error code 3 - Timelimit
Exceeded]; remaining name 'DC=corproot,DC=net'
Is it a bug of the ldap transformer? Is the filter to long/complex?

Here is the filter (<ldap:filter>)

(|(memberOf=CN=DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_00,OU=IT_CLI-DAR,OU=IT_Generic,OU=IT_Res,
OU=IT,DC=corproot,DC=net)(memberOf=CN=DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_01,OU=IT_CLI-DAR,O
U=IT_Generic,OU=IT_Res,OU=IT,DC=corproot,DC=net)(memberOf=CN=DG_IT-CLI-D
AR_A_03,OU=IT_CLI-DAR,OU=IT_Generic,OU=IT_Res,OU=IT,DC=corproot,DC=net)(
memberOf=CN=DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_04,OU=IT_CLI-DAR,OU=IT_Generic,OU=IT_Res,OU=
IT,DC=corproot,DC=net)(memberOf=CN=DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_05,OU=IT_CLI-DAR,OU=I
T_Generic,OU=IT_Res,OU=IT,DC=corproot,DC=net)(memberOf=CN=DG_IT-CLI-DAR_
A_06,OU=IT_CLI-DAR,OU=IT_Generic,OU=IT_Res,OU=IT,DC=corproot,DC=net))

Thanks

Re: LDAP Transformer

Posted by Yury Mikhienko <Yu...@mobicomk.ru>.
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:55:52 +0200
<Ma...@swisscom.com> wrote:

> hello,
> I have integrated ldap into my portal as identhification system.
> My problem is that I have to put a filter to search all users from these
> seven groups :
> DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_00 to DG_IT-CLI-DAR_A_06
> I have to ways, the first would be to set into my filter a parameter in
> the sitemap, like
> <map:parameter name="filter" value="(cn={request-param:name})"/>
> But it seems that the ldap transformer has a lot of bugs. The parameter
> rootdn works, password works, but both filter and serverurl doesn't
> work!!!

try the following filter syntax: (&amp;(uid={request-param:name}))

--

Best regards,
Yury Mikhienko.