Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Benjamin Debeerst <De...@younicos.com> on 2013/10/08 09:48:27 UTC

RE: iPOJO manipulator and Stackmap Frames

Hello all,

I was finally able to track down my problem. After all a pretty simple fault, just posting it for documentation.

The most simple component without any actual code (just @Component @Instantiate and @Validate) was provoking a Stackmap frame error at runtime in Apache Karaf 2.3.3 with iPOJO Runtime 1.10.1.

I used the following combination in my Maven-based setup:

maven-compiler-plugin 3.1 configured with source and target 1.7
maven-ipojo-plugin 1.6.0 (!)

The last two plugins in combination provoked the problem. Changing the maven-ipojo-plugin to version 1.10.1 fixed it.

Btw: Kind of the 'root cause' why the old version was used, is that when googling for iPOJO, the old site shows up as first hit, with a lot of outdated information: http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-ipojo.html
The current site http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-ipojo.html is only second in googles list.
It may be advisable to put a forwarding or a big hint on the old site, since this cause some confusion at least in my dev team.

Regards,
Benjamin

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 8 oct. 2013, at 09:48, Benjamin Debeerst <De...@younicos.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was finally able to track down my problem. After all a pretty simple fault, just posting it for documentation.
>
> The most simple component without any actual code (just @Component @Instantiate and @Validate) was provoking a Stackmap frame error at runtime in Apache Karaf 2.3.3 with iPOJO Runtime 1.10.1.
>
> I used the following combination in my Maven-based setup:
>
> maven-compiler-plugin 3.1 configured with source and target 1.7
> maven-ipojo-plugin 1.6.0 (!)

Yes this version is quite old and did not handle frames (as they were not checked at all by the JVM at that time).

> The last two plugins in combination provoked the problem. Changing the maven-ipojo-plugin to version 1.10.1 fixed it.
>

> Btw: Kind of the 'root cause' why the old version was used, is that when googling for iPOJO, the old site shows up as first hit, with a lot of outdated information: http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-ipojo.html
> The current site http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-ipojo.html is only second in googles list.
> It may be advisable to put a forwarding or a big hint on the old site, since this cause some confusion at least in my dev team.

I definitely agree.

Felix, could be do that ?

Regards,

Clement