Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2002/08/17 11:49:06 UTC

[collections] Changing Iterators

I would like to make some changes to some of the Iterators in the
subpackage. In particular to make them consistent.

A number of the classes work on a list of iterators, but they provide
different constructors, validation and methods. I intend to tidy this up.

The changes may change the public interface (minor), but its a new package
so backwards compatability isn't required.

Stephen

Re: [collections] Changing Iterators

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Now that the changes are made, I can explain them ;-)

CollatingIterator
- Constructors were added for array and Collection (no impact)
- addIterator now validates for nulls (no impact on valid code)
- add setIterator (no impact)
- add getIterators (no impact)

IteratorChain
- Constructors were added for array and Collection (no impact)
- List constructor removed (use Collection constructor)
- addIterator now validates for nulls (no impact on valid code)
- setIterator now validates for nulls (no impact on valid code)
- add getIterators (no impact)

ListIteratorWrapper
- constructor now validates for nulls (no impact on valid code)

Thus, if code ran before it should still do so. Does this need documenting ?

Stephen

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ma...@apache.org>.