Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Justin M. Harrison" <sh...@doublebagel.com> on 2002/07/15 19:36:40 UTC

EMBPERL_COOKIE_EXPIRES, EMBPERL_SESSION_MODE

Hi,

I have my EMBPERL_SESSION_MODE set to 35, and EMBPERL_COOKIE_EXPIRES set
to +30h, but the cookies being left by the server are session cookies,
and it is sending +30h, literaly. The session mode is still cookie. I
put a link in the page and it doesn't seem to pass the session id. I
have changed the session cookie name to "session".

Am I doing something wrong?

Re: EMBPERL_COOKIE_EXPIRES, EMBPERL_SESSION_MODE

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I have my EMBPERL_SESSION_MODE set to 35,

If you want the session id to be passed as parameter instead in a cookie,
you must set the EMBPERL_SESSION_MODE to 2

> and EMBPERL_COOKIE_EXPIRES set
> to +30h, but the cookies being left by the server are session cookies,
> and it is sending +30h, literaly.

Yes, that's still missing in Embperl 2. It does simply pass the date
literaly instead of converting it to the correct date. This should be fixed
in the next beta.

Gerald