Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Patrick <ti...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/15 17:41:08 UTC

Querying on Deeply Nested JSON Structures

Hi,

We need to query deeply nested Json structure. However query is on a single
field at a nested level such as mean, median, mode.

I am aware of the sql explode function.

df = df_nested.withColumn('exploded', explode(top))

But this is too slow.

Is there any other strategy that could give us the best performance in
querying nested json in Spark Dataset.

Thanks

Re: Querying on Deeply Nested JSON Structures

Posted by Burak Yavuz <br...@gmail.com>.
Have you checked out this blog post?
https://databricks.com/blog/2017/02/23/working-complex-data-formats-structured-streaming-apache-spark-2-1.html

Shows tools and tips on how to work with nested data. You can access data
through `field1.field2.field3` and such with JSON.

Best,
Burak

Posted by Matt Deaver <ma...@gmail.com>.