Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ben Smith <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/10 13:40:26 UTC

Samples project keeps breaking

Hi all,

I seem to be spending every Tuesday morning providing patches to fix
the Shindig Java 'samples' project. This is because it is not included
by the parent pom.xml and is therefore rarely built by committers. The
patch in question today is SHINDIG-908.

In the short term, I'd really appreciate it if committers could make
sure they run 'mvn clean install -Pall,samples' before they check-in.
A long-term strategy needs to be decided by the community for the
samples project. Ian's done a really good job providing a JPA
implementation of a persistence layer, and Chico and I have found it
to be very useful in the development of the BBC-specific persistence
layer (and have supplied a fair amount of additional code). However,
it is only useful if it is kept up-to-speed with the rest of the code-
base and would really benefit from being part of the default build,
even if it isn't then depended on.

Let me know what you think,

Ben Smith
BBC

Re: Samples project keeps breaking

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
I'm working on some 0.9 items that once they land on the trunk, will pretty
much break everything and not be consumption ready at all .... so if
anything from that perspective I would *love* to see a 1.0 release (and I
think on the java end of things, the same thing is going on by the sound of
it).

Posted by Louis Ryan <lr...@google.com>.
Committed last night

Posted by Ben Smith <be...@gmail.com>.