Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/28 01:37:44 UTC

How to add a new Jenkins build job for the 10.13 branch?

Hi all,

In https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/CreatingDerbyBranch, I see:

	"Post a message to derby-dev requesting creation of a Jenkins
	build job for the new branch."

Can anybody tell me the steps so I can do that? I went to
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Derby and clicked around
for a while but I didn't see anything obvious about how I could
copy the 10.12 build job and tweak it to become a 10.13 build job.

thanks,

bryan

Re: How to add a new Jenkins build job for the 10.13 branch?

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
> At https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Derby there is a link "New
> Item" in the upper left corner if you are logged in.

Thanks for the answer. It turned out I also had to follow the instructions here:

	https://wiki.apache.org/general/Jenkins#How_do_I_get_an_account

Once I got myself member of the hudson-jobadmin group, things went
swimmingly with your instructions from then on.

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> In https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/CreatingDerbyBranch, I see:
>
> 	"Post a message to derby-dev requesting creation of a Jenkins
> 	build job for the new branch."
>
> Can anybody tell me the steps so I can do that? I went to
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Derby and clicked around
> for a while but I didn't see anything obvious about how I could
> copy the 10.12 build job and tweak it to become a 10.13 build job.

Hi Bryan,

At https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Derby there is a link "New
Item" in the upper left corner if you are logged in. If you click that
link, you'll get to the page where you create new build jobs. Type the
name of the new build job in the text box near the top of the page, and
then go to the bottom of the page, where you'll find a text box where
you can type the name of the job you want to copy.

After you have copied it, you should go to the configuration panel of
the new build job and change the Subversion URL to point to 10.13
instead of 10.12. That's it, I think.

--
Knut Anders