Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Per Eric Rosén <pe...@rosnix.nu> on 2003/09/12 13:46:24 UTC

Apache::AuthCookie causing strange-"Use of uninitialized value."

I use Apache::AuthCookie 3.04, which seems to be the latest version, under
Apache/1.3.26 Ben-SSL/1.48 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26.

When I use "PerlFixupHandler Apache::AuthCookie->recognize_user", Apache
writes "Use of uninitialized value." in errorlog for each request and
subrequest. I have tried editing AuthCookie.pm, checking everything with
defined(), even substituting recognize_user with a stub function.

Still it is there. I am not sure it comes from perl, because perl use to
say "at line X" too. But from what else?

This has been up before, but no one answered it then:
http://www.jsw4.net/info/list-archives/mod_perl/02-08/msg00591.html

/Per Eric
--
^): Per Eric Rosén http://rosnix.nu/~per/
/   per@rosnix.nu  GPG 7A7A BD68 ADC0 01E1 F560 79FD 33D1 1EC3 1EBB 7311

Re: Apache::AuthCookie causing strange "Use of uninitialized value."

Posted by Per Eric Rosén <pe...@rosnix.nu>.
Thanks for your response!

> You have to subclass Apache::AuthCookie. This should be something like:
> PerlFixupHandler Your::Sublass->recognize_user

Well, I do. I just pasted the wrong text (from the 2002 mail).
The actual configuration snippet is:

<Location />
        AuthType TAS::Cookie
        AuthName TAS
        PerlFixupHandler TAS::Cookie->recognize_user
</Location>

Another observation: It does only appear when no cookie is received.
When users are logged in, everything is fine. And, yes, I checked
recognize_user and put in a defined() around the cookie check. No result.
Even a bad cookie (manually deleting the session) makes it quiet.

/Per Eric

Posted by Thomas Klausner <do...@zsi.at>.
Hi!

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 01:46:24PM +0200, Per Eric Ros?n wrote:
> I use Apache::AuthCookie 3.04, which seems to be the latest version, under
> Apache/1.3.26 Ben-SSL/1.48 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26.

I'm using quite the same setup (without PHP and ssl) and do not get those
errors.

> When I use "PerlFixupHandler Apache::AuthCookie->recognize_user", Apache

You have to subclass Apache::AuthCookie. This should be something like:
  PerlFixupHandler Your::Sublass->recognize_user

Maybe this is causing the problem?

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at