Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Neil Bliss <ne...@neilbliss.com> on 2010/04/30 21:46:02 UTC

HADOOP-6704 - getResource() usage ok?

Hey folks,

In the unit tests for my HADOOP-6704 patch, I'm using getResource() to get
the URL of a sample xml file.  On my local system this works fine, but when
I submitted the patch to Hudson, it appears to not find the resource file.
 Is this sort of thing not allowed in the Hudson environment, or am I just
doing something wrong?

I've already fixed up the checkstyle errors that I missed the first time
around.  Gomen nasai.

thanks,

Neil

Re: HADOOP-6704 - getResource() usage ok?

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
Nope, just "submit patch" if you haven't done so already, Huson will
pick it up and run the tests.  When you upload a new patch and you've
already submitted a patch you need to "cancel patch" then "submit
patch" again to get Hudson to run again.

Thanks,
Eli

Posted by Neil Bliss <ne...@gmail.com>.
(sorry for being a pest, but...)

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
Just attach a the newer version.  You can see the most recent patch
based on the date however most people just append a number
(hadoop-6704-2.patch etc)  to indicate the patch is newer.

Thanks,
Eli

Posted by Neil Bliss <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neil Bliss <ne...@gmail.com>.