Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com> on 2003/01/25 00:43:00 UTC

Error Not in spool.error_message when Connection Timed Out

Hey all,

It appears that things have been sitting in my outgoing mail spool for
quite a while. However, the error_message field never gets set, so I
can't tell why they are stuck there. Is this a bug or just a field that
never got utilized?

Kenny

RE: Error Not in spool.error_message when Connection Timed Out

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Turn on <debug>true</debug> for RemoteDelivery, and you will get details on
delivery attempts.  Things should not sit forever, but if there is a
delivery problem they will sit for some hours before retrying.

The error message field is used badly by RemoteDelivery.  It only holds a
count of attempts.  That will be fixed when we have attributes.

	--- Noel