Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gernot Koller <wr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/29 10:21:08 UTC

Deploying cocoon application on IBM Websphere under Z/OS

Hi!

Im evaluating Cocoon for using it as presentation frontend in a IBM Websphere environment. The target platform should be WAS 5.0 running on Z/OS.

Im rather concerned about the FOP/SVG Batik X-Server issue. As you can imagine no X-Server will be availabe under Z/OS, installing any AWT replacement is also not an option. Is there a way to use Cocoon within this environment or should i stick to struts ?

Any insightfull comments would be appreciated!

cheers,

gernot.

--
DI Gernot Koller
mailto:gernot@kabsi.at

Re: Deploying cocoon application on IBM Websphere under Z/OS

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Gernot Koller wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Im evaluating Cocoon for using it as presentation frontend in a IBM
> Websphere environment. The target platform should be WAS 5.0 running
> on Z/OS.
>
> Im rather concerned about the FOP/SVG Batik X-Server issue. As you can
> imagine no X-Server will be availabe under Z/OS, installing any AWT
> replacement is also not an option.

Why not? PJA should work.

> Is there a way to use Cocoon within this environment or should i stick
> to struts ?

I used Cocoon under SuSE linux on S390 Z/VM (or how this thingie was
called...) with Tomcat and IBM JDK.

Vadim