Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/16 20:10:46 UTC

FW: Phoenix 4.0.1 preview release

Folks,

Sorry to have been absent for the last 12 hours or so - the flu I've
been fighting for the last week just knocked me out.

Anyway, on another topic, this is a response from Paul Hammant on the
Avalon Applications Developer list.  It regards the problem that
everyone has observed when going from the beta Phoenix 4.0 to the
release - all the log files are collapsed into the default.log.
According to Paul, this issue is resolved in Phoenix 4.0.1, which is
currently in Preview.  I'm going to find out the official release date,
and then we can have a meaningful on list discussion of our options with
regard to this issue.

--Peter

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Harmeet Bedi wrote:

>There was some talk of having Avalon LogKit and Log4J both underneath the
>logger abstraction.
>
>Does anyone know if that was done ? Is there a way to use Log4J and separate
>the log configurations through log4j specific config file ? Not sure which
>logging toolkit is better but was wondering if this facility is existing
>now.

The Excalibur Logger package (excalibur/logger) includes multiple
logging implementations - Log4J, LogKit, the JDK 1.4 Logger, etc.  For
configuration details you should post a question on the phoninx list.

Cheers, Steve.

>Harmeet

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

Re: Phoenix 4.0.1 preview release

Posted by "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@yahoo.com>.

All,

> Anyway, on another topic, this is a response from Paul Hammant on the
> Avalon Applications Developer list.  It regards the problem that
> everyone has observed when going from the beta Phoenix 4.0 to the
> release - all the log files are collapsed into the default.log.
> According to Paul, this issue is resolved in Phoenix 4.0.1, which is
> currently in Preview.  I'm going to find out the official release
date,
> and then we can have a meaningful on list discussion of our options
with
> regard to this issue.

I've confirmed that the 10/15/2002 build of Phoenix 4.0.1 does not have
the logging problem that we encountered in the Phoenix 4.0 release
build.  All log entries are delivered to the appropriate log files.

I would suggest that we upgrade the CVS to Phoenix 4.0.1 as soon as it
is officially released.  I'll be happy to carry out the upgrade and do
the basic spot test.

--Peter