Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by anuragwalia <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/04 15:15:05 UTC

Solr Search on Fields name

Hi,

Thank for giving your important time.

Problem :
I am unable to find a way how can I search Key with "OR" operator like if I
search Items having  "RuleA" OR "RuleE".

Format of Indexed Data:

<result name="response" numFound="27" start="0" maxScore="1.0">
<doc>
<float name="score">1.0</float>
<int name="RuleA">4</int>
<int name="RuleD">2</int>
<int name="RuleE">2</int>
<int name="RuleF">2</int>
</doc>
Can any one help me out how can prepare SearchQuery for key search.

Regards
Anurag

Re: Solr Search on Fields name

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Hi Anurag,

It seems that RuleA and RuleB are field names?

in that case try this query

q=RuleA:[* TO *] OR RuleB:[* TO *]

Ahmet

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
One technique is to add a copyField directive to your schema, which can use
a wildcard to copy a bunch of fields to a single, combinaed field that you
can query directly, such as rullAll:key.

Or, consider using a multivalued field.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by anuragwalia <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ahmat and Jack for replying.

I found a another way to solve the problem by using FilterQuery.

fq=RuleA:*+OR+RuleC:*

but due to development platform query parsing stuck some where else.

Hopefully after platform fix it will work for me.

I will get back to you if any other issue occurred.