Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "vrparekh@gmail.com" <vr...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/26 15:34:39 UTC

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler'

Hello,

i got following source

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class
'org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler' at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.findClass(SolrResourceLoader.java:389)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.createInstance(SolrCore.java:423) at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.createRequestHandler(SolrCore.java:459) .....

actually this error comes in solr 3.1 only in solr 1.4.1 it works fine

how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Vishal Parekh

Re: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler'

Posted by Scott Bigelow <ep...@gmail.com>.
I experienced the same issue. With Solr 1.x, I was copying out the
'example' directory to make my solr installation. However, for the
Solr 3.x distributions, the DataImportHandler class exists in a
directory that is at the same level as example: "dist", not a
directory within.

You'll either want to take the entire apache 3.1 directory, or modify
solrconfig to point to the new place you've copied it:

  <lib dir="../../dist/" regex="apache-solr-dataimporthandler-\d.*\.jar" />

Posted by "vrparekh@gmail.com" <vr...@gmail.com>.
now its working gr8,

thanks stefan,scott

Re: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler'

Posted by "vrparekh@gmail.com" <vr...@gmail.com>.
thanks stefan
i done same and dataimporthandler error gone ,then i got slf4j error and
done same and error gone

i got requesthandler error, but now i have some configuration problem,i try
to fix it out

Re: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler'

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.