Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/02 16:07:30 UTC

Re: versions in the assembly names in the repo

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:07 PM, James Carpenter
<jc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have just finished building the library example spun by the library archetype for the 1.6-incubating-SNAPSHOT version of nmaven.  When I examine the contents of my local repo I notice the assembly file contains the version name just as a typical java artifact does.

Welcome! :)

> When I look at the older 0.14 nmaven site docs I notice support for using org.apache.maven.dotnet.plugins:maven-install-plugin:install-file on a pre-compiled assembly.  I'm assuming the same functionality exists in nmaven 1.5+ but inspection of my local repository format indicates otherwise.  I was assuming the DefaultArtifactResolver would somehow be configured so as to use an alternate repo layout supporting assemblies without versions in their names.  Without such a change I don't understand how 3rd party closed-source libraries can be supported.

I'm not the best person to answer this, but... I think the trunk _is_
currently using version numbers in the filename, but plans to move
towards not requiring them.  AIUI, this will require changes in the
core of Maven.

--
Wendy