Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by p....@almerys.com on 2007/08/28 11:23:16 UTC

RE Axis-1.4 and commons-logging - NoClassDefFoundError

I had the similar issue with Axis2 on websphere6:
If you have commons-logging 1.1 you have this exception raised at startup
by websphere6. Include v1.0.4 to avoid it.

Nagesh Subrahmanyam <na...@gmail.com>
28/08/2007 11:20
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
Axis-1.4 and commons-logging - NoClassDefFoundError

Hi,
I am trying a sample application for Web Services. I keep getting this
error message :

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
    at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.class$(LogFactory.java:45)
    at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:45)
etc....

I have included jaxrpc.jar, axis.jar (from Axis 1.4 binary distribution)
and org.apache.commons.logging to the CLASSPATH. Can you please tell me
if there is a (possible) version incompatibility issue here ?

Regards,
Nags.

Re: RE Axis-1.4 and commons-logging - NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Nagesh Subrahmanyam <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I have been blind ! In the \axis-bin-1_4\axis-1_4\lib folder, there are
two jar files for commons-logging and commons-discovery. I added them to
CLASSPATH got past the errors; but, have this :

Aug 28, 2007 7:44:46 PM org.apache.axis.utils.JavaUtils
isAttachmentSupported
WARNING: Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler
and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.
; nested exception is:

I am trying to build the example mentioned here.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tipjaxrpc/

Regards,
Nags