Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com> on 2011/07/27 20:39:26 UTC

Limit PropertyHelper delegates to a certain scope?

I have a situation where I'm retrofitting some old code to use the
PropertyHelper delegates that where added in Ant 1.8; in particular I need
to limit that scope to which a certain delegate is active.

I know how to add a delegate but there doesn't seem to be any way of
removing a delegate once it's no longer needed: they seem to persist
forever. As a stop-gap I've added a way to "deactivate" my delegate such
that it will always return the proper values so that the next delegate
will be invoked, but that seems like a poor work around.

Is there a better way to do this?

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com
IBM WebSphere Application Server
WAS Release Engineering

Re: Limit PropertyHelper delegates to a certain scope?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-07-27, Matt Benson wrote:

> Seems like scoped delegates would be handy, perhaps more so than
> straight-up delegate removal.

+1

Stefan

Re: Limit PropertyHelper delegates to a certain scope?

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
Seems like scoped delegates would be handy, perhaps more so than straight-up
delegate removal.  It might be possible to use the existing notion of
property scopes to support this.

Matt

From:   Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>
To:     Ant Developers List <de...@ant.apache.org>