Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/12/27 23:48:17 UTC

JIRA stats

Hi,

Was just looking at some of the JIRA filters and thought I would share some stats.

Since donation we have resolved 1490 JIRA issues!

Since the 4.8 release we have fixed 1047 JIRA issues.
Since the 4.9 release we have fixed 396 JIRA issues.
Since the 4.10 release we have fixed 164 JIRA issues.
Since the 4.11 release we have fixed 56 JIRA issues.

"Fixed" here means issues that were not duplicates, invalid etc so in most cases are actual code changes and the like.

This means if you're still using Adobe Flex 4.6 (or earlier) you are missing out on around 1000 bug fixes and improvements.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: JIRA stats

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Not sure I can work that out as not all bugs were assigned when resolved.

Some of stats are not totally positive eg of all the issues raised this
year only half have been resolved of 670 odd raised 370 sre still
outstanding.

Thanks
Justin

Re: JIRA stats

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Awesome.  Would be fun to see what percentage was resolved by Justin.

Re: JIRA stats

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Re: JIRA stats

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
Well one month I think he knocked out like 200ish or so :P

-Mark

Re: JIRA stats

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: JIRA stats

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Of course, quite a few would have been patches contributed by non-committers.
Yep. I would guess about 1/3 to 1/2 the issues I've fixed had patches, and I also got a lot of help from the mailing list. It's certainly not just my work.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: JIRA stats

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 27, 2013 9:05 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > These are some very awesome numbers!  I am sure that a majority of those
> > were resolved by you :-)
>
> While you might think so A lot of people have contributed.
>
> Turns out you can find out with " and status was resolved by 'jmclean' "
is the JSQL needed. This was only added in a recent version of JIRA.

> So I've only resolved 476 of the that 1490 :-) However it looks like 684
of them were resolved by user "adobejira" (during the import process I
believe, any idea what happened here?) So looks like the initial resolved
number was out in the previous email.

Re: JIRA stats

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,