Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Chris Barlock <ba...@us.ibm.com> on 2016/08/02 13:57:16 UTC

Expose Kafka Server Configuration

Does Kafka expose its server configuration in any way that I can get it
programmatically?  Specifically, I'm interested in knowing the
message.max.bytes value.

Chris

Re: Expose Kafka Server Configuration

Posted by Daniel Schierbeck <da...@zendesk.com.INVALID>.
This would be of value to me, as well. I'm currently not sure how to avoid
having users of ruby-kafka produce messages that exceed that limit when
using an async producer loop – I'd prefer to not allow such a message into
the buffers at all rather than having to deal with it only when there's a
broker error.