Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anthony Ryan <An...@aib.ie> on 2006/11/22 10:33:40 UTC

"Missing" Plugin

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with some "missing" plugins. When I run 'mvn install'
when creating an archetype I get:

The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin' does not exist or no
valid version can be found

I thought I had the latest version (2.1 I think), but I decided to run 'mvn
install -U' anyway. Maven then told me:

The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found

I can definately see these files in my local repository, which is listed
correctly in my settings file.

It also will not let me execute the 'mvn clean' command for the same reason,
but I have these files also.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks very much for any help,

Anthony Ryan

Re: "Missing" Plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Are you perhaps behind a proxy? Unless things are configured
correctly, proxies can cause some problems.

Also, run mvn -X to see more information while Maven is running that
might key you into why this problem is happening.

Wayne