Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2007/04/07 04:58:36 UTC

Re: Torque 3.3.RC2 problem with turbine applications

Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Scott Eade wrote:
>
>> With torque-3.3.RC2 it starts getting the NPEs immediately from BasePeer
>> line 1632:
>>    ColumnMap[] columnMaps = dbMap.getTable(table).getColumns();
>>
>> Would you have any suggestions as to what my problem might be?
>>

> Yes, this made me reopen TORQUE-68. As you know, the Peer classes have
> static constructors. If Tomcat unserializes session objects these are
> called and try to register their MapBuilder with an (at that point)
> uninitialized Torque instance. When initialized with the Avalon
> container a new TorqueInstance is created and the MapBuilders need to be
> rebuilt so I wrote some code to copy them from one instance to another.
>
> Unfortunately I checked for Torque.isInit() which in that special, above
> mentioned case is not true. This is fixed in SVN by now. You can work
> around the issue by either switching off the reloading of session data
> in Tomcat or by calling <YourDataBaseNameHere>MapInit.init() at some
> point before any call to Torque but after initialization.

I'm seeing a couple of other errors in my logs (not sure if they are
related to TORQUE-68) these seem to be happening when tomcat is
disposing of an old session:

2007-04-06 22:27:33,647 ERROR [TP-Processor6] torque.UserPeerManager - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.UserPeerManager.getUserObjectdata(UserPeerManager.java:1360)	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.TorqueUser.getObjectdata(TorqueUser.java:397)	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.TorqueUser.getPermStorage(TorqueUser.java:554)	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.TorqueUser.getPerm(TorqueUser.java:621)	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.TorqueUser.getAccessCounter(TorqueUser.java:420)	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.TorqueUser.incrementAccessCounter(TorqueUser.java:451)	at org.apache.turbine.services.rundata.DefaultTurbineRunData.populate(DefaultTurbineRunData.java:1253)	at

and:

2007-04-06 22:47:40,533 ERROR [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] torque.UserPeerManager - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.UserPeerManager.getName(UserPeerManager.java:840)	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.TorqueUser.getName(TorqueUser.java:183)	at com.backstagetech.cmes.om.CmesUser.valueUnbound(CmesUser.java:737)	at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.removeAttributeInternal(StandardSession.java:1566)	at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java:708)	at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.isValid(StandardSession.java:566)	at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.processExpires(StandardManager.java:782)	at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.backgroundProcess(StandardManager.java:795)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.backgroundProcess(StandardContext.java:4640)

I am running turbine-2.3.2 with Will's serialization patches.
> Do you have any more information on the ECM issue? My problem is that I
> have no access to such an environment anymore. I'd try to setup one if
> it still really matters...

I saw your note on this - I will try and pull a response together in the
next few days.

Scott