Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shah, Bharat" <Bh...@thehartford.com> on 2005/12/28 23:14:07 UTC

JVM Memory allocation

Good afternoon,

I am a new Tomcat user.  The Tomcat version installed on my server is 5.0.25.  It is running on Windows 2000 and started as a Windows service.
Though I have the following parameters specified in the Windows registry, it is running with a default 64M as observed from the Server Status screen.

JVM Option Count	2
JVM Option Number 0 	-Xms256m
JVM Option Number 1 	-Xmx1024m

Can someone help me find out why my server is defaulting to 64M and how to change it?

Thanks,

Bharat

destroy all copies.

Re: JVM Memory allocation

Posted by "Dwayne A. Ghant" <dg...@temple.edu>.
1. Look in you "<tomcat-home>/bin" directory.
2. Look for a file called   service.bat
3. Look for a line that reads something like "%EXECUTABLE%"
//US//%SERVICE_NAME% ++JvmOptions
"-Djava.io.tmpdir=%CATALINA_BASE%\temp" --JvmMs 128 --JvmMx 256.

Change your memory listed in step 3.

Shah, Bharat wrote:

>Good afternoon,
>
>I am a new Tomcat user.  The Tomcat version installed on my server is 5.0.25.  It is running on Windows 2000 and started as a Windows service.
>Though I have the following parameters specified in the Windows registry, it is running with a default 64M as observed from the Server Status screen.
>
>JVM Option Count	2
>JVM Option Number 0 	-Xms256m
>JVM Option Number 1 	-Xmx1024m
>
>Can someone help me find out why my server is defaulting to 64M and how to change it?
>
>Thanks,
>

>Bharat

>This communication, including attachments, is
>for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary,
>confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended
>recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is
>strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
>the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and
>destroy all copies.

Dwayne A. Ghant
Application Developer
Temple University