Posted to user@flink.apache.org by 苗元君 <mi...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/16 06:26:48 UTC

How to compare two window ?

Hi, Flink guys,
U really to a quick release, it's fantastic !

I'v got a situation ,
window 1 is time driven, slice is 1min, trigger is 1 count
window 2 is count driven, slice is 3 count, trigger is 1count

1. Then element is out of window1 and just right into window2.
    For example if there is only 2 element, window2 will have none element. *
how to build window like this ? *
   I try to use window1 by structure (window trigger evictor) then window2
structure(trigger evictor)
   I got element calculate just in window1 and window2 in the same time

2.  I try to find ways to use SQL on AllWindowedStream but seem not
working. Can SQL Query use on a WINDOW ?
3.  How to compare these SQL result ?

[image: image.png]

Thank U so much.

--

*Yuanjun Miao*

Re: How to compare two window ?

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi miaoyuan,

> First question
I didn't quite catch your meaning. There are some documents about using
window in sql[1] or table-api[2] and it is worth to take a look.

> Second question
Group by window without other keys results a AllWindowedStream. Sql like
bellow:

> SELECT COUNT(*)
> , TUMBLE_START(rowtime, INTERVAL '15' MINUTE)
> , TUMBLE_END(rowtime, INTERVAL '15' MINUTE)
> FROM MyTable
> GROUP BY TUMBLE(rowtime, INTERVAL '15' MINUTE)

> Third question
You can print or sink data into external storages and compare the result.

Best, Hequn

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/table/sql.html#group-windows
[2]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/table/tableApi.html#group-windows

Re: How to compare two window ?

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

Could you rephrase your question? Maybe by posting some code examples?

Piotrek