Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2019/01/21 10:46:37 UTC

Re: Jakarta EE TCKs and compatibility logo

Apologies for the noise.

The correct link for [3] is:

https://jakarta.ee/legal/trademark_guidelines/

I've also corrected a handful of the project BCCs.

Mark

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
I was a bit struggle building it... But ATM I only need binaries so that's
perfect.
Thanks a lot for the informations!

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 19:00, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 04/03/2019 08:43, Mark Thomas wrote:
> > On 04/03/2019 08:34, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> >> Hi Mark,
> >> The download link doesn't work (404)
> >
> > Looks like they have moved things around a bit. Try starting from
> > https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/8.0.1/?d
> >
> >> Do you have any idea about how to build or download to execute
> servlet/jsp
> >> tck part?
> >
> > All the notes we have - including known TCK bugs and expected failures
> > are on the wiki
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Jakarta+EE+TCKs
> >
> > The bugs we have reported are getting fixed but those fixes are only
> > going into the master branch not the 8.0.1 branch.
> >
> > I need to go digging to see if I can find a download location for
> > standalone builds for the master branch.
>
> Latest builds of master:
>
> https://jenkins.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/standalonetck-nightly-build-run/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/standalone-bundles/
>
> From a quick glance, these look to be the Jakarta EE 8 TCKs with the
> various bugs we have reported fixed. I haven't been through a diff
> between master and the EE4J8 branch to confirm that though.
>
> I'm running the TCKs where I'd expect to see fixed bugs now. I'll update
> the wiki with progress.
>
> Mark

Olivier Lamy

Re: Jakarta EE TCKs and compatibility logo

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/03/2019 08:43, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 04/03/2019 08:34, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>> The download link doesn't work (404)
>
> Looks like they have moved things around a bit. Try starting from
> https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/8.0.1/?d
>
>> Do you have any idea about how to build or download to execute servlet/jsp
>> tck part?
>
> All the notes we have - including known TCK bugs and expected failures
> are on the wiki
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Jakarta+EE+TCKs
>
> The bugs we have reported are getting fixed but those fixes are only
> going into the master branch not the 8.0.1 branch.
>
> I need to go digging to see if I can find a download location for
> standalone builds for the master branch.

Latest builds of master:
https://jenkins.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/standalonetck-nightly-build-run/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/standalone-bundles/

From a quick glance, these look to be the Jakarta EE 8 TCKs with the

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 at 22:27, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 18/02/2019 13:43, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:

<snip>

> > So, in general, I would like to continue running TCK tests with Qpid JMS
> > clients and  Qpid Broker-J using Jakarta EE bundle.
> > If Jakarta EE compatible logo is required to add to Qpid Project, I
> > suppose, we can add it.
>
> There is no such requirement. The Jakarta EE compatible logo is
> something Qpid can choose to use - or not - as they wish. There is no
> requirement to use the logo if you run the TCK.

That was my reading of the initial mail. I cant speak for anyone else,
but I dont have a particular desire to use the logo.

<snip>

<

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 18/02/2019 13:43, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I believe that Qpid Team members requested an access to TCK earlier in
> order to test compatibility of Qpid JMS clients with JMS specs.
> We  added maven module [1] to run TCK tests against Qpid Broker-J.
> Though, TCK is not part of Qprid Broker-J project and it has to be
> provided externally.
> The TCK bundles need to be downloaded separately and the path to the TCK
> folder needs to be specified to the maven build as JVM property.
> Both TCK tests for JMS 1.1 and JMS 2.0 can be run. However, currently,
> only older Oracle proprietary TCKs are supported due to hard-coded paths
> to the dependency jars.
>
> In order to run TCK tests with new Jakarta EE bundle, the maven profile
> settings needs to be amended. I will change that later.
>
> So, in general, I would like to continue running TCK tests with Qpid JMS
> clients and  Qpid Broker-J using Jakarta EE bundle.
> If Jakarta EE compatible logo is required to add to Qpid Project, I
> suppose, we can add it.

There is no such requirement. The Jakarta EE compatible logo is
something Qpid can choose to use - or not - as they wish. There is no
requirement to use the logo if you run the TCK.

> Mark,
> Do you know whether there are any plans to release TCK bundles into
> maven repository?

I don't.

> I suppose that JMS 1.1 TCK is not supported by Jakarta EE and if I still
> want to run JMS 1.1 TCK I need to use Oracle provided bundle.

Correct. None of the history of Java EE was imported into Jakarta EE -
just the current state of the point Java EE 8 was released - so it isn't
possible to re-create any earlier versions.

Kind regards,

Mark

Re: Jakarta EE TCKs and compatibility logo

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

[...]

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/How+To+Build+Qpid+Broker-J#HowToBuildQpidBroker-J-JMSTCK

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hey Colm,

I could take it.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hey Colm,

Thanks a lot! Sure, I will do that shortly!

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

Finally found the time to make this change, the pipeline now marks TCK runs as unstable
if some tests are failing [1]. In case someone wants to look on the pipeline itself, it
is part of the repository [2]. Thanks!

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/C/view/Apache%20CXF/job/CXF-JAXRS-TCK/
[2] https://github.com/apache/cxf/tree/master/tck

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Posted by Andrey Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,

Yeah, I think we can do that, the TCK build looks pretty reliable but yeah,
we may mark it unstable if only tests fail, thanks!

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <ma...@dekies.de>.
Hi Andriy!

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Andriy,

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> - http://dankulp.com/blog <http://dankulp.com/blog>

Re: Jakarta EE TCKs and compatibility logo

Posted by Jim Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.
I’m uncertain here.

-Rob

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Do we really need it?  no.

Is it good for marketing? yes.

I would tend to +1 getting the logo.  I know during the big Sun JavaEE days, that logo was a big deal to have.

Jeff

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.