Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Khanh Truong <k1...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/08 19:27:11 UTC

which SA database to use

Hi,

I have qmail running with the

     :allow,QMAILQUEUE="/usr/bin/qmail-spamc"

in /etc/tcp.smtp

I have some hams/spams that I want to run sa-learn against, but I
can't figure out which database it is qmail filters through. Is it the
db of the user "spamd", "root" or some qmail user account?
Anyone running qmail with SA that could provide me with some insight
that would be great.

Much thanks

Re: which SA database to use

Posted by Khanh Truong <k1...@gmail.com>.
 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue does belong to qmailq so does this mean
that I should run sa-learn under qmailq?
I did some tests and this doesn't make any sense.

I put required_score   7 into /var/qmail/.spamassass/user_prefs
and ran
  su qmailq -c "spamc < sample_email.txt"
but the output still shows a default required score of 5 in the
shouldn't user prefs override the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf ?

I created user_prefs for root, and spamd and ran the spamc command
under those users and the output still shows required=5.0 in the

RE: which SA database to use

Posted by Brian Bebeau <BB...@trustwave.com>.