Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Claes Holmerson <cl...@pipechain.com> on 2001/09/16 13:43:17 UTC

Cannot find a method to read property ...

Hi!

I am experiencing a very strange and annoying problem with tomcat 3.2.3 and
also 3.3b2. I have made lots of JSP pages using the same pattern. I have
used JavaBeans and fetched info from them in the JSP page as below:

<jsp:getProperty name="webcustindelivagreementview" property="prodId"/>

and suddenly, in some pages, this does not work! Tomcat says:

"Cannot find a method to read property 'prodId' in a bean of type
'se.masystem.pipeline.web.servlet.WebcustInDelivAgreementView' "
If I do
<%= webcustindelivagreementview.getProdId() %>

it works well. This is especially annoying since this happens only with
certain beans and I can not see the difference between them. They are as
similar in their structure as they can be... Also, when I use tomcat from
within JBuilder 4 it works well! (Although that is an older version of
tomcat (3.1) and in this environment I use no context path)

Why?

Claes

Claes Holmerson
PipeChain AB
Porfyrvägen 14		+46 (0)46 32 52 42     office phone
SE-224 78 LUND		+46 (0)709 89 52 42   mobile phone
Sweden			+46 (0)46 15 10 74     office fax

http://www.pipechain.com/