Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Marcel Vehof <ma...@wisdom.nl> on 2002/11/21 12:22:46 UTC

Re: Turbine and JBoss/Jetty

is there already a solution for this problem?
I'm running JBoss 3.0.4 with integrated Jetty;
the login screen of my Turbine application is showing but
all other URLs are malformed. also when I try to enter
the correct URLs only the login screen is ever shown.
the hint to expand the war seems to be not useful as
Jetty is already un-warring automatically in a temporary
directory...

Marcel

Subject: Re: Turbine and JBoss/Jetty
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:24:16 -0700
I already expanded the war file to a directory with no luck. I have searched
extensively through the archives for answers and while I see claims that
people have this working, I cannot find explanations as to how. The few very
brief explanations that I did find, when I try to follow what others say
they did, nothing works.
What I am hoping for is if someone has already gone through this pain that
they post a short howto to the user list.

Aron

Posted by Panu Hällfors <pa...@hallfors.com>.
On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 07:06:10PM +0200, Panu Hällfors wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:22:46PM +0100, Marcel Vehof wrote:
> > is there already a solution for this problem?
> > I'm running JBoss 3.0.4 with integrated Jetty;
>
> There's an issue with JBoss having a new version of
> Jetty. It handles URLs a bit differently. Use JBoss 3.0.2
> and it should work.

A correction: JBoss 3.0.2 also seems to have the
new jetty. JBoss 3.0.0 has the old one.

    Panu

--
Panu Hällfors, panu@hallfors.com|CS Student, Helsinki University of Technology
   http://panu.hallfors.com     |    Chief Software Architect, Viloke Oy

Re: Turbine and JBoss/Jetty

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
I develop using Jetty 4.2.1 (the latest release with only a couple of small
fixes is 4.2.2) and everything appears to work fine.  This would lead me to
believe that the problem may be something to do with the integration between
Jboss and Jetty rather than Jetty itself.

Have you tried Jetty on it's own?

Cheers,

Scott

Re: Turbine and JBoss/Jetty