Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/06/13 22:30:20 UTC

[Build] Trinidad

Hi,

currently (in trunk)

you run mvn install
and get "all" (build, api, impl, demo)

I'd like to change that.

The default (mvn install) should create only
build, api and impl

to get all (above + examples (blank and demo))

mvn install -Pall-modules

I'd like to introduce this "all-modules" profile.

With that, we also will only deploy build, api, and impl to a maven repo.
blank and demo will be only available via website download.

any comments?

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Build] Trinidad

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
yeah 206 is the maven, I am using

Re: [Build] Trinidad

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Build] Trinidad

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

> > I was smiling already yesterday on this, and now my guess is reality.
>
> I said they *should* not that they *do* just yet.  We're working on it. ;)

:-)

> > the assembly tries download that stuff, that the same build was
> > building 10 secs before
> > :-)
> >
> > any idea?
>
> What versions of Maven and the assembly plugin?  Sounds vaguely
> familiar but I can't find an issue in a quick search.  I can live with
> 'mvn install' just building all the modules for now...

2.2-beta-1. Is there any *template* I can look at?

Perhaps I really do the following, for *now*

mvn install builds:
build,
api,
impl,
blank,
demo

mvn install -Passembly builds:
demo-assemblies
core-assemblies

how does that sound ?

Re: [Build] Trinidad

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

> What versions of Maven and the assembly plugin?  Sounds vaguely
> familiar but I can't find an issue in a quick search.  I can live with
> 'mvn install' just building all the modules for now...

I am also getting this, with an extra assembly project and running
assembly:assembly

Re: [Build] Trinidad

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Build] Trinidad

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: [Build] Trinidad

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
> On 6/13/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > ok, perhaps I introduce an "assembly" profile
> > so that :prepare does the prepartion on all *important* artifacts.
> > an optional profile like CORE could be introduced to just create
> > build, api and impl
>
> I'd like to see a new person be able to check out the project, type
> 'mvn install', and build *everything* including the release
> assemblies.  (They need to be 'assembly:attached' for this to work.)

ok, good point.

Re: [Build] Trinidad

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Build] Trinidad

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
> On 6/13/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > currently (in trunk) you run mvn install and get "all" (build, api, impl, demo)
> > I'd like to change that. The default (mvn install) should create only build, api and impl
> > to get all (above + examples (blank and demo)) mvn install -Pall-modules
> > With that, we also will only deploy build, api, and impl to a maven repo.
> > blank and demo will be only available via website download.
>
> The default build should create everything, so that 'mvn
> release:prepare' and 'mvn release:perform' increments all the version
> numbers, tags and deploys everything.

ok, perhaps I introduce an "assembly" profile
so that :prepare does the prepartion on all *important* artifacts.
an optional profile like CORE could be introduced to just create
build, api and impl

> If you don't want to sync the examples to the central Maven repo,
> delete that section of the staging repository before you copy/merge it
> over to the rsynced ASF repo.

yes, that would do the trick as well ;)

Re: [Build] Trinidad

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.