Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shmuel Koller <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/23 21:10:16 UTC

Geronimo on Mainframe

I raised this issue in the past -
now will like to pursue the resources needed for

"porting Geronimo to z/OS Unix Services".

For this commitment I need access to
an IBM mainframe over the Internet.

There are many details to this significant
contribution/undertaking requiring
Java/J2EE/MainFrame/Unix/Porting skills -

yet a MAJOR prerequisite is access to a mainframe,
access which I hope to get from Apache or from a
resource allocated by IBM or so - to Apache.

Please let me know how to progress with this
mainframe resource, hope to get to a focused/detailed
discussion.

Shmuel Koller

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

RE: Geronimo on Mainframe

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Shmuel,

on http://jedi.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/
you got more infos on z/OS - os/390

Prof. Dr. Spruth (EX-IBM-Mainframe-Developer)
has a public mainframe.

for some tutorials(for his lectures) you get a "guest"-account.

but for interessted people, like you,
there is the possibility to get an
advanced account.

write an email to: