Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nicolas Vahlas <nv...@instore.gr> on 2005/12/12 13:17:37 UTC

Web Client connecting Axis Service over HTTPS with client certificate authentication

I have deployed an Axis Web Service on Tomcat.
This service is accessible only through HTTPS with client certificate
authentication.
I have successfully written a Java Client, which uses this service. I
set the following System properties in order to make my Java client use
a certificate:

System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStore","...");
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStoreType","JKS");
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword","...");
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore","...");
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStoreType","JKS");
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword","...");

Now I want to write a "client" servlet, which will call this Web
Service. I have troubles establishing the HTTPS connection from the
Servlet: the handshake fails.
Does anybody know how I am supposed to do something similar to what I
did for the client application in order to make my servlet use the
appropriate certificate ?

Thanks

--
VAHLAS Nicolas