Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by David Sag <ds...@epo.org> on 2005/10/24 13:12:23 UTC

[m2] how to report from a specific plugin goal?

I am writing a QALab plugin for Maven2.

Its goals are meant to be run via continuous integration machine rather
than by a specific developer.

To function it needs the XML reports from one or more of the following:

Checkstyle, PMD, Simian, FindBugs.

For now I am just focusing on merging the Checkstyle report to get it
working, and will enhance it later.

I currently generate my checkstyle report as part of the 'site' goal.

I figured, based on some discussion on the users list, that adding my
qalab plugin to my reports too would work but I can't for the life of me
see how I specify which goal aught to be run.

How do I tell the pom.xml file which goal to trigger within my plugin to
add its output to the site.

Why doesn't the checkstyle plugin need a specific goal to work?

Kind regards,
Dave Sag