Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Todd Chambery <to...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/19 01:35:52 UTC

client-side upload

Hi all,

I need to upload a lot of static data to a CloudDB.  Currently, I upload all
my Javascript files containing the data as attachments, then run a loader
script on the server that populates the database.

I'd like to do my "drop-create-populate" with client-side Javascript, but my
investigations (trying Java, Javascript, and curl) have led me down a number
of frustrating ends.  On the browser, it's cross-site scripting.  On
jclouddb, it's the svenson parser chokes on my (valid) JS.  With curl, I'm
missing some dependency.

Is there a "done and done" script for uploading JSON data from a client to
CloudDB?

Thanks,

Todd

Re: client-side upload

Posted by Karel Minařík <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello Todd,

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly, and you have
probably solved it already, but you should be able to upload files
from the browser, via JavaScript, just fine -- supposed you are
CouchApp [http://github.com/couchapp/couchapp].

See this gist for a snippet: http://gist.github.com/354230

Karel