Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Acquisto-j4 <jo...@j4computers.com> on 2013/08/21 15:47:03 UTC

skipped due to message size

I find a few of those 3 link (sudden craving for an IHOP breakfast spams, that contain mass quantities of non printable text in the body.   This causes spamc to skip them.

Cannot find where to change the message size, tho I must have, as it tells me the limit is 512000 where I understand the default is 256000.

If that is so, can someone clue me as to where to adjust this?  A quick scan of the usual sources did not satisfy.

joe a.

Re: skipped due to message size

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 08/21/2013 03:47 PM, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:
> I find a few of those 3 link (sudden craving for an IHOP breakfast spams, that contain mass quantities of non printable text in the body.   This causes spamc to skip them.
>
> Cannot find where to change the message size, tho I must have, as it tells me the limit is 512000 where I understand the default is 256000.
>
> If that is so, can someone clue me as to where to adjust this?  A quick scan of the usual sources did not satisfy.
>
> joe a.

what " usual sources" did you "scan"

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.3.x/doc/spamc.txt

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.3.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.txt

also: http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.3.x/doc/

and http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/

make these your SA bible.

Re: skipped due to message size

Posted by James Griffin <jm...@kontrol.kode5.net>.
!-- On Wed 21.Aug'13 at 14:51:56 BST, Matus UHLAR - fantomas (uhlar@fantomas.sk), wrote:

> On 21.08.13 09:47, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:
> >I find a few of those 3 link (sudden craving for an IHOP breakfast spams,
> >that contain mass quantities of non printable text in the body.  This
> >causes spamc to skip them.
> >
> >Cannot find where to change the message size, tho I must have, as it tells
> >me the limit is 512000 where I understand the default is 256000.
> >
> >If that is so, can someone clue me as to where to adjust this?  A quick
> >scan of the usual sources did not satisfy.
>
> man spamc should say it:
>
>        -s max_size, --max-size=max_size

Are you invoking spamc with procmail, which may specify a file size in
the procmail recipe?

James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38

Re: skipped due to message size

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 21.08.13 09:47, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:
>I find a few of those 3 link (sudden craving for an IHOP breakfast spams,
> that contain mass quantities of non printable text in the body.  This
> causes spamc to skip them.
>
>Cannot find where to change the message size, tho I must have, as it tells
> me the limit is 512000 where I understand the default is 256000.
>
>If that is so, can someone clue me as to where to adjust this?  A quick
> scan of the usual sources did not satisfy.

man spamc should say it:

        -s max_size, --max-size=max_size

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.