Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by nilupa bandara <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/01 01:17:44 UTC

Re: [GSoC Project Proposal] Distributed TCP Monitor

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe
<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then we can take this to next level by adding this module to all
>> services in a system , configuring modules to send all collected
>> messages to a pub/sub channel, and subscribing to those messages via a
>> UI, and depicting those messages through a UI.
>
> What pub/sub model do you plan to use?  WS-Eventing?

Something which allows the publisher ( or the Log service which
collects log messages from different nodes) to notify its subscribers
(or the clients which show the topology of particular message
sequence) the arrival of a message which belongs to a particular
sequence of messages that they are interested in. Is far as I
understood this notification will be based on SOAP. WS-Eventing sounds
like something that can be used but I guess I have to explore more
(rather than reading some introductory notes on WS-Eventing) to give a
concrete answer.

Best Regards,
Nilupa

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:47 AM, nilupa bandara <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe
> <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Then we can take this to next level by adding this module to all
> >> services in a system , configuring modules to send all collected
> >> messages to a pub/sub channel, and subscribing to those messages via a
> >> UI, and depicting those messages through a UI.
> >
> > What pub/sub model do you plan to use?  WS-Eventing?
>
> Something which allows the publisher ( or the Log service which
> collects log messages from different nodes) to notify its subscribers
> (or the clients which show the topology of particular message
> sequence) the arrival of a message which belongs to a particular
> sequence of messages that they are interested in. Is far as I
> understood this notification will be based on SOAP. WS-Eventing sounds
> like something that can be used but I guess I have to explore more
> (rather than reading some introductory notes on WS-Eventing) to give a
> concrete answer.

If you are using eventing, you might want to look at what we have done in
BAM.  We basically use an Axis2 module with Axis2 based eventing API to
pub/sub.

Since this is an Axis2 module, you can use the code as it is. We do not have
any other dependency.

Samisa....

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.