Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by octopus <oc...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/27 06:08:30 UTC

Solr Spellalike Feature

Hi, I am new to Solr and would like to find out if Solr has a spellalike
feature that can fulfill this requirement:

Searching "HAT" in the data that contains "CAT" would match.
It is similar to searching: ?AT, H?T and ?AT.

Other than querying multiple times, do you have advice on how I can optimize
my search or is there a built-in feature for this spellalike functionality?

Re: Solr Spellalike Feature

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
Fuzzy query using the tilde operator: hat~1

See:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/The+Standard+Query+Parser

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: Solr Spellalike Feature

Posted by Brendan Humphreys <br...@canva.com>.
Solr's SpellCheck component does what you are looking for.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Spell+Checking

http://lucidworks.com/blog/getting-started-spell-checking-with-apache-lucene-and-solr/

HTH

-Brendan