Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ja...@faa.gov on 2011/07/18 19:10:32 UTC

Build QPID Client Libraries for Windows...

All,

I am doing some research with regards to usability of QPID in a store and
forward message system.
Since the current code has been developed for Windows we would like to
compile the QPID Client libraries for Windows so that I can integrate the
QPID Client into our communication front-end and have a message data feed
going to our current back-end and QPID.
I have looked around qpid.apache.org and cwiki.apache.org and found
references alike:
https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/qpid-cpp-build-how-to.html
https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/qpidcppwindowsbuild.html
However, links are broken/out of date. (
http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/M4/qpid-cpp-M4.tar.gz), the version(s):
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/qpid/0.10/qpid-0.10.tar.gz do not
seem to include the protocol_gen.mak, .vcproj and .sln files the document
refers to.
I have also obtained the code via SVN. Same issues there.
I am overlooking or missing a link somewhere?

Thanks!
Jan

ManiaC++
Jan Knepper

Re: Build QPID Client Libraries for Windows...

Posted by Ja...@faa.gov.
Thanks Chuck!

This seems to work... In progress to build the client libraries...

Jan

ManiaC++
Jan Knepper

William J. Hughes Technical Center
Atlantic City International Airport, NJ  08405

Phone: 609-485-4874
jan.knepper@faa.gov

From:
Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>

To:
users@qpid.apache.org
Date:
07/18/2011 14:09
Re: Build QPID Client Libraries for Windows...

Hi Jan,

>From a fresh checkout I build the windows stuff after a run of
cpp\bindings\qpid\dotnet\configure-windows.ps1. Do this first.

Do you have the prerequisites installed? Boost (32- and/or 64-bit), cmake,
python, ruby, cygwin, perl, ant, nant, doxygen, powershell,
Visual Studio 2008.

When I run my builds using configure-windows, I do NOT put boost in my
path
since CMake finds the same version of boost whether you are doing 32- or
64-bit
builds. Configure-windows forces the version of boost into the CMake runs
so that the 32- and 64-bit builds use the right versions. Read the script
comments for more details.

A path that work for me is:

c:\ruby\bin
C:\Windows\system32
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\
C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\doxygen\bin
C:\cygwin\bin
c:\perl\bin
c:\apache-ant-1.8.0\bin
c:\program files\nant-0.85\bin
c:\python26
c:\program files\7-zip

Now run the configure-windows.ps1 script. I build out-of-source builds
placing the 32- and 64-bit builds as peers to the /cpp directory:

qpid\b32    <-- Create this using the script
qpid\b64    <-- Create this using the script
qpid\bin
qpid\buildtools
qpid\cc
qpid\cpp
etc.

After the script runs CMake, cd to qpid\b32 and you will find the
generated
qpid-cpp.sln. That should compile and make the broker and client
components.

Note that a completely separate solution exists for the 32- and 64-bit
builds.
This is because of the path to boost.

Regards,
Chuck

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
Hi Jan,

> [...]

> document
> > refers to.
> > I have also obtained the code via SVN. Same issues there.
> > I am overlooking or missing a link somewhere?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jan
> >

> > ManiaC++
> > Jan Knepper

> Project: http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Build QPID Client Libraries for Windows...

Posted by Ja...@faa.gov.
Steve,

That is nice, but I would prefer to be able to build the client for
debugging purposes...

Thanks!
Jan

ManiaC++
Jan Knepper

William J. Hughes Technical Center
Atlantic City International Airport, NJ  08405

From:
Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>

To:
"users@qpid.apache.org" <us...@qpid.apache.org>