Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> on 2007/03/22 13:28:14 UTC

[m1.1] release status

To whom it may concern, ;)

After some discussion with Arnaud and Jeff on IRC last night, we decided
to give maven 1.1 another kick. We have run again into a situation where
everything is basically ready, but we wanted to wait for some external
releases and then got distracted, etc.

The current status is summed up by our JIRA and confluence pages:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+1.1+plugin

In brief, it's mainly some plugins we have to update, I will soon launch
a vote for some minor ones. However, a few (but important) plugins
(artifact, dist, multiproject, xdoc, ...) are waiting for a release of
maven-model-3.0.2, which Arnaud is supposed to tackle in the following
days (along with moving the modello-plugin out of the sandbox). Once
this is done, I think we are ready for 1.1-rc1 which could become
1.1-final within a few days.

So that's just a heads-up, if anybody has some comments/suggestions, (or
would like to help :) ), don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,
-Lukas

Re: [m1.1] release status

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi community,

I uploaded a new SNAPSHOT of the 1.1 RC1 here :
http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/maven/distributions/20070326/

This SNAPSHOT is a little bit special because I replaced all snapshots by
timestamped dependencies.
With this, maven startup will be enormously accelerated (it won't try to
verify if new snapshots are available for its own usage).
I attached the patch I used to create this special version.
After several months of inactivity,  we are close to the release and we
restarted our process of releases.
If you have the opportunity, test it and give us your feedback.

Cheers

Arnaud

Re: [m1.1] release status

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.