Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by aMark <fe...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/11 06:01:34 UTC

How to identify if the data returned from cache is partial data due to multiple node failures in partitioned cache

Hi,

We are using Ignite cache version 2.3 . We are using persistent cache in
Partitioned Mode having 4 cluster node running.   We have configured caches
to have 1 backup.

I understand that if there are more than one node failure at a time, then
data present in the live cluster may not be complete data for a given cache.

In the above setup, when all four nodes are running, I get close to ~650K
key value pair for a cache. But if I bring down three nodes then I get close
to ~300K key values pair for the same cache.

If I dont have initial count of entries in the the cache, I dont know if the
entries returned is a full set of partial set.

Is there an API/configuration in Ignite to identify that cache might not
have complete data in the cluster for the time being (due to any reason) ?

Re: How to identify if the data returned from cache is partial data due to multiple node failures in partitioned cache

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If all nodes, that hold partition left topology, will be thrown event
EventType.EVT_CACHE_REBALANCE_PART_DATA_LOST. You can listen to it using
IgniteEvents.localListen(lsnr, EventType.EVT_CACHE_REBALANCE_PART_DATA_LOST)

Regards,
Evgenii