Posted to xml-commons-dev@xerces.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/13 14:11:01 UTC

Fwd: FW: [ANN] xml-commons-resolver-1.0 released as independent component]

questions about the XmlResolver, so that the rest of the community can
see it as well.

That's a good question though: Since xml-commons may produce several
small .jar or other resource files that folks may want to conveniently
reference, what is the easiest way to post them?  I see your point
about having a directory name "foo-latest/foo.jar" be the -latest, and
leave the .jar file alone.

Anyone else have comments?

Note that this also will raise the policy issue of hrefs and linking in
place: I don't think I want to encourage too much stuff posted on
xml.apache.org to be linked live from folk's applications.  That would
be too much bandwith on our server.  But I do want it to be easy for
anyone to quickly download the latest .jar or whatnot directly for
their use.

Oh, and thanks for the code goes all to Norman Walsh.  I just did the
schmutzy stuff of the build script and posting it.  8-)

- Shane