Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by ratatouille <ra...@bitclusive.de> on 2020/04/13 11:24:46 UTC

Installation of OM5 fails

Hello again ;)

Got OM5 running. Great experience! But installation does not finish.
I get

Installation fehlgeschlagen

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: There is no application attached to current thread Openmeetings - Installation
	at org.apache.wicket.Application.get(Application.java:213)
	at org.apache.wicket.spring.injection.annot.SpringComponentInjector$ContextLocator.getSpringContext(SpringComponentInjector.java:156)
	at org.apache.wicket.spring.SpringBeanLocator.getSpringContext(SpringBeanLocator.java:207)
	at org.apache.wicket.spring.SpringBeanLocator.locateProxyTarget(SpringBeanLocator.java:196)
	at org.apache.wicket.proxy.LazyInitProxyFactory$AbstractCGLibInterceptor.intercept(LazyInitProxyFactory.java:362)
	at org.apache.openmeetings.installation.Wicket_Proxy_ImportInitvalues$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$3984293d.loadAll(<generated>)
	at org.apache.openmeetings.web.pages.install.InstallWizard$InstallProcess.run(InstallWizard.java:751)

What can be wrong?

  Andreas

Re: Installation of OM5 fails

Posted by ratatouille <ra...@bitclusive.de>.
Hello!

Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> schrieb am 25.04.20 um 05:00:15 Uhr:

> > Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> schrieb am 24.04.20 um 00:31:17 Uhr:
> >
> > 1) download version apache-openmeetings-5.0.0-M4.tar.gz
> > 2) unpack to folder `OM5M4`
> > 3) run `./bin/catalina.sh run`
> > 4) go to URL `https://bitclusive.de:5443`
> > 5) enter these fields for screen1, select Next
>
> could you share more details here?

The only thing I can say that a second try with a fresh install gave no
problems.

There where another java trace I don't remember now. But it was something
with "duplicate entry" and I thought this is a problem with MySQL.
I then deleted the testDB again and did a "FLUSH PRIVlEGES" in mysql.

> > Created new db and believe me or not the second run went through, no error
> > like the first time.
>
> Am I right thinking you haven't created DB __before__ starting the OM?
> This might be not good idea to allow OM to create DB for you, it tend
> to create one without UTF-8 support and later you have some encoding
> issues ....

Yes, I didn't create the DB, let OM do it. I thought MySQL must have a hiccup
when the error occured ;)

  Andreas

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andeas,