Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Uma Gavani <ug...@celion.com> on 2002/04/22 20:56:43 UTC

XML Schema Parsing API

Hi ,

I am a new bee to XML and xerces. I have downloaded xerces-2_0_1(j) and
played with some sample code provided with it. I would like to use
xerces to parse XML schema document and retrieve element/complextype and
other information from it. Based on the documentation, looks like
XSDHandler in conjunction with SchemmaGrammar can be used to do this.
But I can't find enough documentation to confirm it (I am not sure if I
am off on a tangent). I am wondering if any one out there has done
something similar before and have any suggestions. When I tried to use
XSDHandler I ran into NullPointer Exception on line 401 in XSDHandler.

Thanks,

Uma.