Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ken Kleiner <ke...@cs.uml.edu> on 2002/12/13 19:49:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Using "Require user" directive...

Hi...

  I have a general directory directive in my httpd.conf file like:

<Directory /home/*/public_html> for ~user requests to work.

  I can create users/passwords for basic authentication with this, but
I'd like to just allow the username mactching the URL call to be able to
properly authenticate and read the page.

	I.E http://servername/~joe should only allow access to
	/home/joe/public_html if JOE authenticates.

  Is there some way to specify the 'Require user' statement to do this?

  Thanks in advance....

--

Ken Kleiner
System Manager
Computer Science Department
Umass Lowell

voice : 978 934 3645
fax : 978 934 3551

cell : 603 930 5582 (emergencies only, please)

ken@cs.uml.edu