Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/26 21:31:51 UTC

URI is not hierarchical exception from LvgCmdApiResourceImpl

Does anyone know what is causing this exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:418)
at
org.apache.ctakes.lvg.resource.LvgCmdApiResourceImpl.load(LvgCmdApiResourceImpl.java:65)

I'm getting that when I try to run the clinical pipeline inside of IntelliJ
using a TestNG unit test. I can run the pipeline from CPE and from a
Clojure REPL no problem, so it must be something in IntelliJ setting
something up wrong.

When I step through a debugger the uri it's trying to use is:

jar:file:/home/davek/.m2/repository/org/apache/ctakes/ctakes-lvg-res/3.2.0/ctakes-lvg-res-3.2.0.jar!/org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties

which is clearly not a valid file path.

I came across Jira ticket CTAKES-314
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-314> when it's mentioned one
time without any discussion. I haven't found any other references to it yet
though.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: URI is not hierarchical exception from LvgCmdApiResourceImpl

Posted by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com>.
Just to close things up I found the problem. I hadn't tagged my resources
directory as containing resources in the IntelliJ project settings. Once I
did that it runs just fine. Thanks for pointing me to it, Kim!

- Dave

Posted by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kim Ebert <ki...@imatsolutions.com>.
David,

See the following ticket.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-307

Although, looking at the ticket itself seems to indicate that we only
fixed the build by extracting the contents of the jar file, and using
that in the classpath instead of the jar.

IMAT Solutions <http://imatsolutions.com>
Kim Ebert
Software Engineer
Office: 801.669.7342