Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Chhaya Vishwakarma <Ch...@lntinfotech.com> on 2014/02/12 11:37:01 UTC

Reading hive table using Pig script

I am trying to read hive table using PIG script but when I run a pig code to read a table in hive its giving me following error

2014-02-12 15:48:36,143 [main] WARN  org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf - hive-site.xml not found on CLASSPATH
2014-02-12 15:49:10,781 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 2997: Unable to recreate exception from backed error: Error: Found class org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskAttemptContext, but interface was expected

Hadoop version
1.1.1

Hive version
0.9.0

Pig version
0.10.0

Pig code
a = LOAD '/user/hive/warehouse/test' USING org.apache.pig.piggybank.storage.HiveColumnarLoader('name string');

Is it due to some version mismatch ?

Regards,
Chhaya Vishwakarma

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"