Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by David Holroyd <da...@badgers-in-foil.co.uk> on 2007/11/11 02:55:54 UTC

FTP Server Binding Component

I've started prototyping an embedding of the Apache FTP Server[1] as a
Binding Component, allowing data to be submitted directly into the NMR
using FTP.  This is to avoid having to set up separate FTP serving
software for use with the existing servicemix-ftp[client] component.

Is anyone already working on something similar?

ta,
dave

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/

--
http://david.holroyd.me.uk/

Re: FTP Server Binding Component

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Dave,

As far as I know, nobody is working on this for the moment.  This is one
of the oldest issues in JIRA
(https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-38) and it would be a very
welcome addition to ServiceMix.  Thanks in advance for your contribution...

Gert

Posted by David Holroyd <da...@badgers-in-foil.co.uk>.
On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 08:59:17AM +0100, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> As far as I know, nobody is working on this for the moment.  This is one
> of the oldest issues in JIRA
> (https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-38) and it would be a very
> welcome addition to ServiceMix.  Thanks in advance for your contribution...

I hadn't spotted that JIRA entry.  I'm trying to work out if the
referenced JAFS thingy will already do what I want.

In any case, the toy implementation that I hacked together is here,

  http://svn.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/servicemix-ftpserver/trunk/

Here is the single test case, to demonstrate roughly what I was thinking
of, in terms of stuff arriving on the NMR,

  http://svn.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/servicemix-ftpserver/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/servicemix/FtpServerSpringComponentTest.java

In order to easily configure Apache FTPserver via spring, I made a minor
change to their code, per the attached patch.

ta,
dave

--
http://david.holroyd.me.uk/