Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu> on 2002/06/13 11:00:58 UTC

Axis SOAPHelper implementation anyone?

Hi all,

I have rewritten the SOAPHelper.java to use axis instead of HttpClient
in order to connect to .NET webservices. The change has been verified by
running google api search and the stock-ticker examples as well as .NET
services. Also support for basic authenticated connections is is
supported in the standard url format: http://user:pass@host.domain/endpoint

I´d gladly donate this code, though i need a little help packaging it.

The file itself is no problem, cvs diff as usual.
What I can see to be somewhat of a problem is that axis is not part
of the distribution by default.

Solution 1
If we have two separate "soaphelpers"
HTTPClientSOAPHelper and AxisSoapHelper.java that would be renamed to
SOAPHelper.java by the build system at compile time.

Solution 2
Make SOAPHelper configurable from xkonf or some other place, like any
other roles in the system

1. Is it possible or even desired to ship axis along with cocoon?
2. If not, is it possible to have the build system setup for axis, if
present?

Need opinions on this, shot at will :)
BTW, my cry for help posted yesterday still stands, as I need to try it
out in 2.1/head branch.

/Per-Olof Norén
Stockholm, Sweden