Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ch...@jpservices.fr on 2002/09/13 13:46:11 UTC

TOMCAT 4.10 with JIKES ??

Hello,

I would like to use Jikes with Tomcat.
There is in the documentation of Tomcat:

If you wish to use Jikes to compile JSP pages:
Download and install jikes.
Set the init parameter compiler to jikes.
Define the property -Dbuild.compiler.emacs=true when starting Tomcat.
If you get an error reporting that jikes can't use UTF8 encoding, try
setting the init parameter javaEncoding to ISO-8859-1.

I thus downloaded Jikes 1.16 at IBM
I added it to the CLASSPATH

Then, in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml  I added these lines:
                    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
 <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jspCompilerPlugin</param-name>
 <param-value>org.apache.jasper.compiler.JikesJavaCompiler</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>logVerbosityLevel</param-name>
            <param-value>WARNING</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

After I do not understand documentation:
Define the property -Dbuild.compiler.emacs=true when starting Tomcat.
If you get an error reporting that jikes can't use UTF8 encoding, try
setting the init parameter javaEncoding to ISO-8859-1.

Can somebody help me?

(If you are French, answer me of French)
(Si vous êtes français, répondez moi en français)

Thank you in advance.

Greetings.

Ch.BAROIN