Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Andrew Spyker <as...@netflix.com> on 2016/06/02 18:50:08 UTC

Mesos 0.24.1 on Raspberry Pi 3

FYI, based on the work others have done in the past, Netflix was able to
get Mesos agent building and running on Raspberry Pi natively and under
Docker containers.  Please see this blog for the information:

bit.ly/TitusOnPi

--
Andrew Spyker (aspyker@netflix.com)
Twitter:  @aspyker  Blog:  ispyker.blogspot.com

Re: Mesos 0.24.1 on Raspberry Pi 3

Posted by Jan Schlicht <ja...@mesosphere.io>.
Oh, my bad about `systemd_enable_support`. That's to explicitly disable
systemd support, when running with systemd. Before that, systemd related
features were enabled when systemd was available. But Mesos still runs fine
in systems without systemd, so I wouldn't call it mandatory.

Posted by Evan Krall <kr...@yelp.com>.
That systemd is required for mesos 0.25+ would be news to me, since we've
run at least 0.24 through 0.28.1 on Ubuntu 14.04, which is Upstart-based.

Posted by james <ga...@verizon.net>.
@ Spyker
I found these $40/each arm64v8 board, with 2 G of ram each. It would be
keen if we many folks interested in mesos on arm64v8, could agree at
least on a low cost dev board to work on for mesos development, imho.
I'd really like embedded arm64v8 boards with 4 gig of ram.

https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8/amlogic/odroid-c2

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/02/29/odroid-c2-64-bit-arm-development-board-is-now-available-for-purchase-for-40/

@ Joris
This is all awesome news. Sure there is a time for systemd. But, for
now, bare metal development and rDMA/compiler issues and arm64vi is
enough issues to work on with mesos for HPC. Surely it has me
overwhelmed because dual work on x86_64 and the GPU issues mandates that
I work on 2 different platforms. (thanks).

Posted by Andrew Spyker <as...@netflix.com>.

Posted by Joris Van Remoortere <jo...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by james <ga...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Joris Van Remoortere <jo...@mesosphere.io>.